5 Feb 2011

Grey clutch

Here, as promised, is another project that has been half finished since before the birth of LB. I finished it the other day and finally had chance to get the flower brooch made last night and today. I used my new bigshot die cutting machine to get the shape for the flowers. It gives a really crisp neat cut and is alot quicker than cutting out by hand. What I like about putting brooches as embellishments on bags is that the customer can place it wherever they like on the bag or can remove it completely and wear it on their favourite jacket.The clutch is a gorgeous grey woollen tweed with a scarlet lining. I love this colour combination, infact I do seem to having a bit of a thing about red at the moment don't I? The brooch is made from black felt, scarlet leatherette and a lovely oversized shiney black button.

Hope you like it!
xx

3 comments:

  1. ooo I like the die cut!!! Oh and the bag of course!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. another gorgeous bag! I love grey woollen tweed, so timeless and classy.

    I also love your blog and have awarded it a Stylish Blogger Award.
    Check out my blog at http://silverpawjewellery.blogspot.com for more info x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these colours work well together, the tweed is great.
    eek I am also giving you a stylish blogger award aswell, have a look at mine for more information www.handcraftedbykayleigh.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete